Job Number: 76478
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a Software Engineer to work with our innovative technology client located in Dayton, OH.
Selected candidates will participate in all phases of the software engineering process including research, design, development, integration, and testing. Candidates need to be comfortable working in a dynamic, agile and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Math, Engineering, or related technical/scientific field.
- Applicants may be required to complete a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Minimum of 3 years of formal Software Development / Systems Development experience.
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience in Python or C/C++
- Experience developing embedded software solutions for autonomous systems
- Experience researching, analyzing, and applying state of the art Computer Vision (CV), Path Finding, Peripheral Integration, and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms
- Proficient in Linux based environments
- Able to self-manage, while also being an effective team member and communicator
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- History developing solutions for commercial or DoD drone systems
- Understanding of drone software and hardware architecture
- Common robotics interfaces and protocols (SPI, I² C, UART, CAN, PWM, Ethernet, MAVLink)
- Exposure to embedded RTOS solutions
- Applied experience with OpenCV, TensorFlow libraries
- Experience working for the Department of Defense (DoD) or Intelligence Community (IC)
- Continuous Build Systems, Version Control Systems (Git)
- Agile development experience (SCRUM, Kanban)