Job Number: 82948
Loyal Source has partnered with an engineering design and consulting firm based in Concord, NC to hire a Special Inspector / Senior Engineering Technician for a full time, permanent position.
For more information on this position, please reach out to Lindsey Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-868-8974
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
- 30-year relationships with both public and private clients throughout the Southeast.
- 2018 ENR Top 500 Design Firm
- Zweig Group 2017 Hot Firm recognized among the 100 fastest-growing A/E consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada.
Benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
ABOUT THE POSITION
Seeking a Special Inspector/Senior Engineering Technician to perform inspection and testing services related to, but not limited to: soils, foundations, retaining walls, reinforced concrete, structural masonry, fire-proofing and post-tensioned concrete.
- Review and understand project related drawings, specifications and applicable building codes
- Perform Special Inspections in the field for project document and code compliance
- Perform routine and advanced field tests in accordance with ASTM, ACI, AASHTO, DOT or other standards
- Document observations and inspections of construction including discrepancy notices for non-compliant items
- Communicate effectively with project staff and project construction team
- Report inspections and test results through field data collection software
- High School Diploma, GED or associate degree required
- 3 or more years of experience in inspection and construction testing of soil, concrete, masonry and/or asphalt materials
- ACI Field Grade I Certification
- Willingness to work in varying weather conditions
- NICET Certifications and/or Post Tension Institute (PTI) Level I or II certifications will be considered beneficial in the role
ICC Certifications (Must possess at least one of the following):
- ICC Soils
- ICC Reinforced Concrete
- ICC Structural Masonry
- ICC Spray-Applied
- ICC Structural Steel and Bolting