Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 77717
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for certified Sterile Processing Technicians to work as a civilian contractor promoting and restoring patients’ health. Working for Loyal Source gives you the ability to work for the FASTEST growing provider of clinical services for the United States Government. The candidate must have a current, unrestricted licensure in ANY STATE, territory or commonwealth of the United States, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico. This opportunity is working in a Government facility.
For more information please contact TJ Thurman at 407-591-3102 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have a minimum of High School Diploma, GED.
- Be certified as a Sterile Processing Technician.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Sterile Processing/Central Sterile Departments.
- Have at least 12 months of continuous experience as a Sterile Processing Technician within the past 3 years.
- Have a minimum of 3 professional references.
- Ability to safely move heavy trays and equipment, lift up to 50 pounds, and stand for an 8-hour shift if necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sterile Processing Service (SPS) (also known as: Sterile Processing and distribution (SPD), Central Medical Supply (CMS), Central Supply (CS)) technician duties may include, but are not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Decontamination of surgical instruments manually and with the use of automated machines.
- Decontamination of equipment and other devices commonly used in wards, clinics, and outpatient clinics.
- Pick-up of soiled reusable medical equipment.
- Reprocessing of flexible scopes.
- High Level Disinfection with Cidex OPA.
- Appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- Proper use and mixing of detergents and chemicals.
- Assembly of trays in accordance with count sheet specifications.
- Immediately inform of any discrepancies or changes to the supervisor or lead.
- Wrapping or using sterilization containers.
- Choose the appropriate sterilization agent for different instrument trays and other items used in the medical center.
- Choose the appropriate wrapping material.
- Inspect instruments for debris.
- Test instruments to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Use of different types of equipment used to reprocess medical equipment such as but not limited to: sterilizers, washers, ultrasonic, Endoscope reprocessing systems, etc.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.