Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 83770
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for certified Sterile Processing Technicians to work in Gainesville, Florida as civilian contractors promoting and restoring patients’ health.
- ANY State License
- Health Benefits
- PTO and Holidays
- Competitive Pay
For more information please contact TJ Thurman at 407-591-3102 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School Diploma or GED minimum.
- Be certified as a Sterile Processing Technician.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Sterile Processing/Central Sterile Departments.
- At least 12 months of continuous experience as a Sterile Processing Technician within the past 3 years.
- 3 professional references.
- Ability to safely move heavy trays and equipment, lift up to 50 pounds, and stand for an 8-hour shift if necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sterile Processing Service (SPS) (also known as: Sterile Processing and distribution (SPD), Central Medical Supply (CMS), Central Supply (CS)) technician duties may include, but are not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Decontamination of surgical instruments manually and with the use of automated machines.
- Decontamination of equipment and other devices commonly used in wards, clinics, and outpatient clinics.
- Pick-up of soiled reusable medical equipment.
- Reprocessing of flexible scopes.
- High Level Disinfection with Cidex OPA.
- Appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- Proper use and mixing of detergents and chemicals.
- Assembly of trays in accordance with count sheet specifications.
- Immediately inform of any discrepancies or changes to the supervisor or lead.
- Wrapping or using sterilization containers.
- Choose the appropriate sterilization agent for different instrument trays and other items used in the medical center.
- Choose the appropriate wrapping material.
- Inspect instruments for debris.
- Test instruments to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Use of different types of equipment used to reprocess medical equipment such as but not limited to: sterilizers, washers, ultrasonic, Endoscope reprocessing systems, etc.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.