Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 80932
Loyal Source Government Service is currently hiring multiple Medical Supply Techs to work as civilian contractors with the VA Connecticut Healthcare System located in West Haven and Newington, CT.
For more information, please contact Eboni Gurley at 407-930-8550 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be a certified registered sterile processing services technician with IAHCSMM or CBSPD
- At least one year of experience as a Sterile Processing Technician
- The Sterile Processing Services Technicians will receive contaminated instruments and instrument sets from surgical procedures, and non- critical items from hospital wards and clinics, such as rolling stock, IV pumps, etc. and know proper cleaning and disinfection methods of each type of equipment following manufacturer’ s instructions.
- The technicians will assemble instrument sets and other trays by inventory sheets. Ensure proper function and testing of surgical scissors, needle holders, hinged retractors, and all ring and thumb forceps.
- Technicians must know how to operate all decontamination machines including washers, ultrasonic machines and high- level disinfecting equipment, including automated endoscopic re-processors.
- Each technician will observe external indicator results to confirm a complete sterilization has been achieved. Confirming passing parameters have been met for each different type of sterilization method. All technicians will properly document (must have this skill) all items sterilized and knowledge of biological indicators to be placed in incubators and the results read after incubation. Each technician must know proper labeling methods with control numbers for each item sterilized. And how to properly cool down and handle items after sterilization to ensure proper dry times have been achieved before handling. Other job duties will be to properly handle equipment and rotate first in first out method when storing of instrument kits and peel pack items.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.