499 S. Capitol Street
Job Number: 81706
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a System Administrator with an Active Security Clearance for a contract position based in Washington D.C.
For more information, please contact Michael Bulmer at 407-902-2109 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create network documentation inclusive of all switching and routing equipment, connected or soon-to-be-connected IP-addressable devices, and all cabling interconnects.
- Assist with day-to-day network maintenance to include installation, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting of switched networks and network equipment.
- Review and analyze current network processes and procedures.
- Develop and recommend improvements to network processes and procedures.
- Implement, manage, and maintain approved network process improvement recommendations.
- Develop and implement quality assurance and quality control plans for maintenance of the network.
- Review, analyze, document, and implement disaster recovery plans for the network.
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations that will result in continued optimization of the network.
- Keep PSD abreast of emerging network technologies and the latest network standards.
- Must possess an Active TS/SCI Security clearance
- Minimum five years’ experience with Cisco Networking equipment, software, programming, and design.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, principles, practices and techniques of network engineering and documentation.
- Ability to research, compile, and analyze network design to assist with the resolution of daily network issues.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain procedures for ensuring the continued reliability of the network.
- Demonstrated network programming ability.
- Demonstrated ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot switched networks.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and mitigate potential network security threats.
- Demonstrated experience with network protocols, subnets, virtual LANs, firewalls, VPNs, and other common network technologies.
- Understanding of multicast technologies and/or experience with digital video networking.
- Proficiency with documentation tools such as Vision, AutoCAD, or Microstation.
- Familiarity with process improvement methodologies such as the Capability Maturity Model.
- Familiarity with Storage Area Networks or Network Attached Storage devices and the related management and design of said devices on a network.
- Familiarity with Physical Security and Video Management Systems
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective professional. relationships with management, staff, and people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in presenting and effectively communicating comprehensive information, ideas, and advice in a clear, concise and logical manner, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of wireless networking technologies is desired, but not required.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) required
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) desired
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.