Job Number: 83428
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a Systems Engineer for a contract position in Washington D.C.
For more information, please contact Michael Bulmer at 407-902-2109 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Systems Engineer to support our client' s server operations and provide technical support of the physical and virtual Windows server infrastructure. This includes interaction with the security team to implement security best practices and vulnerability remediation. This will include service request ticket management to resolution. Assist in supporting the efficient utilization of all server hardware and software. Assists in the installation, configuration and monitoring of the Windows/Linux server environment. The selected candidate will be accountable for assisting the team meet security deliverables and mandates, maintain availability, and maintenance of server hardware and software, systems and peripherals.
- Configuration and support of complex server environments, to include Citrix, VMware, server monitoring solutions, enterprise backup technologies, disaster recovery planning and execution, Active Directory, Exchange, Group policy, SAN technology, Imaging, DNS and Security
- Assist with the support of end user trouble tickets and support requests and close such tickets timely.
- Assist and interface with internal and external customers on an ongoing basis to ensure installed systems and applications are performing as required to meet the business objectives
- Application Whitelisting and Inventory: Have the capability to control what applications are permitted to execute on computing devices and perform automated reporting and alerting on the use of unauthorized software.
Endpoint Malware Detection and Prevention: Have the advanced capability to detect and thwart advanced persistent threats and malware at endpoints.
- DNS Security: Capability to protect DNS from attacks such as DNS cache poisoning, DNS hijacking, and other DNS specific attacks and automatically reconfigure DNS to block bad domains based on threat intelligence.
- Secure configurations for hardware and software (includes network): Capability to scan computing devices (workstations, servers, network devices) against defined secure (hardened) configurations and alert on violations.
- Controlled use of administrative privileges: Capability to restrict access to administrative systems through the use of hardened -jump servers- systems
- Security Event and Incident Response Coordination: Maturation of incident response capability by alignment of event response through more defined processes and read team exercises.
- Two factor authentication internal: Implement use of two factor authentication when logging in internally to network
- Enterprise Network Access Control: Implement specific ForeScout enterprise network access control system
- Privileged Identity Management: Place elevated privileged accounts in Cyberark for password management
- Implementing new security technologies/strategies using VMWare virtualization.
- Participate in the review of current team processes and assist with developing and implementing solutions to automate manual processes.
- Create and/or maintain and enhance team standard operation procedures; create project documentation for any projects assigned.
- College degree or technical school, and 3-5 years of related experience and/or training in Microsoft and Linux networked multi-platform environment are required with both physical and virtual servers (VMware).
- Minimum of a security administrator technical certification is required. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of certification; however, this experience and skill level must be clearly demonstrated.
- Advanced knowledge of diverse server, Workstation, and networking components including hardware, software and network protocols
- Strong Windows/Linux operating system skills to include the implementation of security best practices to harden systems to include patch management.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory.
- Strong understanding of VMWare.
- Strong understanding of DNS & DHCP.
- Strong understanding of Group Policies
- Strong work experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Visual Basic, etc
- Understanding of operation system and application hardening
- Understanding of best practices for restricting administrative accounts compromise.
- Understanding of PKI infrastructure
- Understanding of endpoint protection strategies
- Understanding of basic network configurations to include TCP/IP, switches and VLans.
- Knowledge of Dell server hardware and the ability to cluster, cable, upgrade memory, replace hard drives and other components when necessary.
- Ability to readily understand and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.