5712 Dot Com Ct
Job Number: 76443
Loyal Source' s Technical Division is hiring a Systems Engineer III for our client in Oviedo, Fl.
For more information please contact Bianca Henry at 407-930-8529 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client' s software and systems engineering teams are engaged in supporting various DoD simulation and training systems programs. Projects include development of reconfigurable training systems incorporating gaming technology, and the enhancement of A-10 aircraft and Underwater Egress trainers. We provide an environment where engineers are engaged in the development and support phase to software/systems implementation. We seek professionals with a drive to work in diverse teams or independently as required, and the ability to apply technical competencies with creative ingenuity in solving technical software or systems problems while exceeding customers’ expectations.
- No supervisory responsibilities. May lead development groups.
- Conducts and coordinates analysis, design, testing, and documentation of software/hardware systems in accordance with the corporate systems engineering process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes customers specifications to derive system requirements and develop requirements specifications and requirements verification traceability matrices
- Analyzes hardware/software solutions to validate their conformance to allocated and derived requirements
- Analyzes the technical, logistical and cost risks associated with solutions, and make recommendations for mitigating risks
- Refactors schedules to reflect current status and projections based on up-to-date information
- Prepares, coordinates, and leads Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) reviews and presents technical summaries
- Coordinates and executes all action items assigned during reviews
- Coordinates with engineering staff to ensure timely completion of their assigned tasks dictated by their respective milestones
- Develops and modifies test plans and procedures to validate the functional correctness and performance of products
- Supervises internal execution of test procedures to validate the correctness of the integrated product, and manages the assignment and resolution of discrepancies documented during testing
- Supports testing at all levels (e.g., unit, functional, system and Hardware/Software Integration (HSI)), test readiness reviews, and customers’ acceptance testing
- Coordinates delivery of all Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all other duties – related to essential duties – as assigned
Education / Experience:
- Requires Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent education and experience in an engineering discipline with a minimum of ten (10) years of simulation training systems development experience or equivalent engineering development. Leadership experience with teams of 5 – 10 engineers desirable.
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining US Department of Defense secret security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Software systems, hardware platforms, and frequently used data transmission protocols experience
- Requirements Management tool (e.g., DOORS or Team Foundation Server)
- Microsoft Project
- Bug tracking tool (e.g., Bugzilla or Team Foundation Server)
- Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred, but Not Required Skills:
- Software configuration management tool (e.g., Subversion or Team Foundation Server)
Customer Service Expectations:
- Candidate should be able to communicate clearly in oral and written form, and manage presentations to customers with objectivity.